What is TightVNC?
TightVNC is a free remote control software package. With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you
would do it sitting in the front of that computer. TightVNC is:
- free for both personal and commercial usage, with full source code available,
- useful in administration, tech support, education, and for many other purposes,
- cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, with Java client included,
- compatible with standard VNC software, conforming to RFB protocol specifications.
With TightVNC, you can:
- cut your expenses and save your time on traveling,
- help your friends and family to solve problems with their computers remotely,
- make sure nothing wrong is happening on your computers when you are away.
More free downloads from TightVNC Group:
July 24, 2013 – New version update 2.7.10 has arrived
The newest TightVNC release with bugfixes, improved file transfer UI and
extended key combination support in the full-screen mode is now available.
Read the full change log
and get the updated version from our Downloads page.
June 7, 2013 – TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.7
New version 2.7.7 brings bug fixes for Windows 8 and restores compatibility with older versions
(for example, TightVNC 1.3 for Linux).
Find more about the version released
(or read the complete announcement)
and download it straight away!
May 29, 2013 – TightVNC 2.7.3 is out. Java Viewer 2.7.2 is also available
Grab the newly updated TightVNC version in Downloads.
It contains bug fixes for Server and Java Viewer and improves compatibly with Mac and Windows systems.
Performance boost comes as a nice bonus.
April 26, 2013 – New TightVNC version 2.7.1 is released
A new version of TightVNC is now available in our Download section.
It includes a single application screen mode, performance optimization for Windows 8,
increased server security settings, and a whole heap of bug fixes.
Read more or check the
full list of changes.
Read all news