What is TightVNC?
TightVNC is a free remote control software package. With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you
would do it sitting in the front of that computer. TightVNC is:
- free for both personal and commercial usage, with full source code available,
- useful in administration, tech support, education, and for many other purposes,
- cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, with Java client included,
- compatible with standard VNC software, conforming to RFB protocol specifications.
With TightVNC, you can:
- cut your expenses and save your time on traveling,
- help your friends and family to solve problems with their computers remotely,
- make sure nothing wrong is happening on your computers when you are away.
October 2, 2014 – Remote Ripple 2.1 Released
Remote Ripple is our VNC-compatible remote desktop client for Android. Version 2.1 adds German
and Spanish localizations, adds support for external mouse, improves user experience and
overall stability of the application.
Remote Ripple now!
March 19, 2014 – Announcing Remote Ripple 2.0
Remote Ripple 2.0 is a complete redesign of our VNC-compatible remote desktop client for
Android with greatly improved usability and perfect mouse emulation.
it a try!
July 24, 2013 – New version update 2.7.10 has arrived
The newest TightVNC release with bugfixes, improved file transfer UI and
extended key combination support in the full-screen mode is now available.
Read the full change log
and get the updated version from our Downloads page.
June 7, 2013 – TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.7
New version 2.7.7 brings bug fixes for Windows 8 and restores compatibility with older versions
(for example, TightVNC 1.3 for Linux).
Find more about the version released
(or read the complete announcement)
and download it straight away!
Read all news
Remote Ripple, our new VNC Viewer for Android, perfect mobile companion to TightVNC!
by TightVNC Group:
An easy way to broadcast your Windows desktop to the local network.
Share this page:
We have open vacancies!
Join the TightVNC project and GlavSoft company in Tomsk, Russia! [rus]