What is TightVNC?
TightVNC is a free remote control software package. With TightVNC, you can
see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard,
just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer. TightVNC is:
- free for both personal and commercial usage, with full source code available,
- useful in administration, tech support, education, and for many other purposes,
- cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, with Java client included,
- compatible with standard VNC software, conforming to RFB protocol specifications.
With TightVNC, you can:
- cut your expenses and save your time on traveling,
- help your friends and family to solve problems with their computers remotely,
- make sure nothing wrong is happening on your computers when you are away.
Get It Now!
November 26, 2020 – TightVNC for Windows 2.8.55 Fixes Bugs
New release of TightVNC fixes problems of the previously released version 2.8.53. Everyone who
installed 2.8.53 is strongly advised to upgrade to this version.
It has the same exciting new features of 2.8.53 but does not have its disappointing bugs. The
list of fixes is available here.
November 19, 2020 – TightVNC for Windows 2.8.53 Released
New version adds new features and configuration options, security-related enhancements, major
performance improvements, and a number of bugfixes. Please see
What's New for more details. Then, don't forget to
download it here!
April 19, 2020 – Remote Core SDK 2020.1.1 for iOS, iPadOS and macOS Released
New version includes a bunch of improvements and fixes, including improvement of zoom and
scrolling, and ability to control large displays from older devices. Remote Core SDK allows
developers to integrate TightVNC Viewer components in their own software. See more information here.
Read all news