What is TightVNC?
TightVNC is a free remote control software package. With TightVNC, you can
see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard,
just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer. TightVNC is:
- free for both personal and commercial usage, with full source code available,
- useful in administration, tech support, education, and for many other purposes,
- cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, with Java client included,
- compatible with standard VNC software, conforming to RFB protocol specifications.
With TightVNC, you can:
- cut your expenses and save your time on traveling,
- help your friends and family to solve problems with their computers remotely,
- make sure nothing wrong is happening on your computers when you are away.
Get It Now!
December 17, 2020 – TightVNC for Windows 2.8.59 Released
This version fixes a few more bugs discovered in latest versions (see what's new). If you have problems with version 2.8.55, please upgrade. Also, we ask everybody to send
us bug reports, that really helps us make the software better.
December 1, 2020 – Meet our new product, MightyViewer!
is an application for Windows that shows many live remote desktops simultaneously.
It's like a video monitoring panel but for remote computers instead of cameras.
Please visit the MightyViewer Web site.
April 19, 2020 – Remote Core SDK 2020.1.1 for iOS, iPadOS and macOS Released
New version includes a bunch of improvements and fixes, including improvement of zoom and
scrolling, and ability to control large displays from older devices. Remote Core SDK allows
developers to integrate TightVNC Viewer components in their own software. See more information here.
Read all news