Download TightVNC for Windows (Version 2.8.81)
TightVNC 2.8.81 runs on Windows XP and all later versions (see more details here).
- Installer for Windows (64-bit) (2,523,136 bytes)
- Installer for Windows (32-bit) (2,097,152 bytes)
- download the GPL-licensed C++ source code (3,015,945 bytes)
See What's New in TightVNC 2.8.81 and all previous versions.
Improved Viewer for Many Systems and Platforms
Remote Ripple is a free, cross-platform remote desktop viewer designed with user-friendliness in mind and powered by our Remote Core SDK. As a newly released software, it may not have all the features of TightVNC Viewer, such as listening mode. However, we are committed to actively developing and improving it. Give it a try and let us know how we can make it even better for you!
Download Remote Ripple, our modern VNC client for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
Need Monitoring and Managing Many VNC Remote Desktops?
Try MightyViewer, our Multi VNC Viewer for Windows. It shows many live remote desktops together, allowing to take over one of them when needed. Use it for monitoring computer classes, controlling factory hardware, managing remote desktops, administering users' PCs, and so on.
Download MightyViewer for Windows (free to try, no registration, no obligations)
TightVNC Licensing Terms
There are two licensing options available for TightVNC 2.x software:
- GNU GPL (GNU General Public License version 2) — completely free but does not allow mixing with closed-source products.
- Commercial source code license. Unlike GPL, it allows integrating the software into proprietary products, although it's not free. Read more about commercial licensing.
Older Versions of TightVNC
If you need a version working in Windows 95/98/ME, Windows NT 4.0, or in Unix-like systems (including Linux), download TightVNC 1.3.10.