The Default License: GNU GPL
TightVNC is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License (usually referred to as GPL). This is the primary type of licensing, you do not have to pay for it or enter into any special agreement. Just download the software and use it for any legally allowed purposes, including commercial use. Also, you may redistribute verbatim copies of the software with no limitations (unless such distribution is restricted by local or international laws). You even may modify the software and distribute its modified copies, provided that all your modifications are GPL-licensed as well.
While GPL is usually a good option for end users of the software, it may not be that good for commercial software developers. GPL does not allow you to link GPL-licensed components with your proprietary software (without publishing it under the GPL as well). Also, it does not allow you to modify the GPL code and make the changes proprietary. Thus, you cannot use GPL code in your non-GPL projects (unless the GPL code is properly separated).
To solve the described problems, we offer alternate business-friendly licensing options. If you wish to integrate TightVNC into your commercial software package and GPL is not an acceptable option, you should obtain a commercial license.
Currently, we sell commercial licenses for several products:
- Remote Core SDK — allows you to include TightVNC Viewer components in your
products. It's available for the following platforms and languages:
- Windows (.NET platform, C# language, WPF & WinForms)
- macOS (Objective C/C++, SWIFT)
- iOS (Objective C/C++, SWIFT)
- Java Platform (Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition)
- Android (Java)
- Portable cross-platform version (C++, no GUI components)
- TightVNC-Compatible Servers — complete applications that implement server part of TightVNC system. The following versions are available:
- TightVNC Viewer applications — complete applications that implement viewer part of TightVNC system. The following versions are available:
- Other products:
- DFMirage mirror display driver — dramatically improves performance of TightVNC Server when running on Windows 7 and earlier versions of Windows. Binary and source code licenses are available.
- Pure C Decoder for Tight Encoding — add support for Tight/JPEG encodings to your VNC-compatible client written in C/C++.
Purchase Now! Or Request More Information
If you are interested in commercial licensing, please fill in the form below and press "Request information". Only requests with a real personal name and a company name will be processed.
You will be sent information by e-mail so please make sure to enter your valid e-mail address as well. This e-mail address will not be disclosed to any third party and will be used only to send you the requested information.
If you have problems with filling in this form, please contact us directly.